The other day I was whining about not feeling pretty, and my dad says be quiet we (talking about himself and my mom) don't make ugly. It made me laugh :). But as I was thinking about that today, it makes me realize what our Heavenly Father says when we start complaining about the things of this world. The Bible says we are created in His imagine.
Genesis 1:27 says, "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
God's Word also tells us that we should not worry about having the most fancy, trendy clothes either or what we will eat and drink. He will always provide for us what we need.
Matthew 6:25-29 says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
So complaining about what we don't have or about our appearance is kind of a slap in the face to God, to put it bluntly. Think about it, we are created in God's image. Let that sink in for a minute. We've got some VERY big shoes to fill. Obviously we cannot ever measure up to God. Afterall we are only human. But we are called to be His hands and feet and a light in this dark, sinful world. God has called us to be like Him. Being filled with the Holy Spirit, I know I can do ALL things in His strength (Philippians 4:13). But when I try to do things on my own, that's when I start to fail.
Am I gonna still mess up and "slap" God in the face a few more times in my life? DUH! Of course I am. It's human nature. No use lying to myself or anyone else. But I am always striving to do what's right. Yes, the flesh may outweigh the Spirit a time or two, but thank goodness I serve a God full of grace and mercy, and my favorite...unconditional love!
"I know that I'm a princess, because my Father is the King of kings." And He has made me beautiful.
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
No comments:
Post a Comment