"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." Philippians 3:12-14

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Perfectly Imperfect

I really thought you loved me, but it was all a big lie; sometimes at night I still cry.

I believed all the things you said; and followed you where you led.

I was wrong about you, wrong about a lot of things; and even the thought of you now makes my heart sting.

But enough bashing you; I was involved in that sin too.

A facade I led for a while; but lying and hiding just isn't my style.

I couldn't help but finally come back into the light; for the whole time I was in God's sight.

I thank God for saving me from my life of sin; without Him the healing process couldn't begin.

I'm on the road to restoration, living each day as if it were my last; leaving my regrets and pain in the past.

I WILL walk securely in Jesus Christ my Savior; and live each day putting on the armor of God, and throwing off my old sinful behavior.

Each morning Your mercies are made anew; and for Your grace and unconditional love, I thank You.

I love You, God, with all my heart; I know You have called me to be set apart.

Please guard my heart from anything that is not of You; and open my eyes to Your point of view.

Make my life about You, and not of me; so that through my actions it's Jesus they will see.

When I say I'm a Christian, I want to have proof; not just a life of going through the motions and living aloof.

Jesus, my prayer today is to be Your hands and feet; in a world full of darkness, to every one I meet.

Thank You for all You have done, are doing, and will do in my life; I praise You in times of good and of strife.

This journey isn't easy and I'll never be perfect; but knowing Jesus makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment